Friday, August 17, 2012

Reasonable and Necessary

Derek is back at the safe-house in Winston-Salem. He has vowed to leave the happening with the government agents, in the past. I'm not sure that I can trust him, but sometimes I'm not sure that I want to trust him. What I mean is that I sometimes have my own thoughts of revenge against Tyben and the group of military who engaged me at the airstrip. Sometimes I'm not sure if vengeance isn't the most reasonable reaction. Derek still has violent episodes from time to time, particularly when he suddenly awakens from sleep. We're still not sure if it's post traumatic stress disorder, or a reaction to the Vampire genes. Charles' reactions were much milder, but Charles was already much older and much less physically fit. Charles received the "dark gift" over years and years. Derek probably got a couple of years worth of venom in about four minutes. It was far more than enough to potentially kill him, but at the same time it was the necessary amount required for him to survive. I'm sure the side-effects will dissipate in time. I still speak with him and while he remains social, he still seems to be concealing something...holding back from me. I suppose maybe it's just his mindset after all that's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment