Monday, July 16, 2012

Q&A

Things are finally beginning to wind down here. The perimeter has remained secure for over twenty-four hours now and everyone seems a little more at ease. There is still somethings that weigh heavy on my mind, but I can think somewhat clearer now. Derek has proven to be quite an interesting character. He has competed in everything from track to boxing and was a "Golden Gloves" runner up. He talked with me for about three hours yesterday, explaining his positions and commitments in life. For the most part, he seemed candid and friendly, but I could see the hostility in his eyes. He is jaded about the way he feels the government used him. He is vengeful of the agents who inflicted his wounds. All of this is natural I suppose, but there is something else. Something he's not sharing with me. As our conversation ended last night, I asked if there was anything more and he hesitated. Maybe it was nothing, but the way he looked at me...like there was something clawing from behind his eyes, trying to make itself known to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment